Ragi halwa is a very healthy dessert made using jaggery. This dish has natural coolant property and reduces gastritis. This ragi halwa is very good for toddlers and growing children. Ragi is a great source of calcium, iron & proteins.
Sprouted Ragi Atta by Currypatta
Ghee by currypatta
- Melt the jaggery in a pan (shouldn't be syrup). Once melted sieve it.
- Fry cashews and keep it aside
- Put 3 cups water in sprouted ragi atta and make a liquid paste.
- Sieve the paste through muslin cloth by extracting the ragi milk from the meal.
- Grease the thali, rimmed steel one and keep it aside.
- In a pan Add 2 cups of ragi milk, jaggery water,3 cups of milk and bring it to boil by using wooden laddle, cook the mixture well and keep stirring continuously.
- After 20 mins of continuous stirring Add 1 tbsp ghee and stir about 5 min more.
- Once it starts thickening and coats the wooden laddle and should stick to your wet hand.
- Add cardamom and cashwes.
- Pour the mixture to the greased thali and its ready.
Your Ragi Halwa is ready to be served!